From the moment you open the substantial front door to this simply beautiful Balcony Gîte, Mother Nature invites you in with a sweeping vista of the tree-lined limestone cliffs across the way and lush plant life blooming all around. Droves of doves and swifts constantly coo and dart their way back and forth across the expansive sky above, roosters crow, church bells chime, and the Orbieu River provides soothing background music around the clock as it continues to flow by the rocky beach and garden terrace just below.
(A “gîte” is a furnished house, cottage, or apartment for rent in the French countryside.)
Balcony Gîte Rental Inquiries
Please contact our delightfully reliable property manager and booking agent:
Amélie Dekker — www.gites-lagrasse.com/contact
Our Balcony Gîte listing on her website: www.gites-lagrasse.com/the-balcony-gite
You too can count on Amélie to help you first set up and then make the most of your stay at our gîte in this plus beau village. She is a friendly, fun, knowledgeable, problem-solving and prompt-responding multi-lingual, professional, who knows what she’s doing and is very good at it. Amélie and her family also both live, work and are active members in the Lagrasse community.
So she is right there to welcome you and answer any questions you might have — to help organize activities of particular interest; suggest inspiring walking, hiking or biking routes; share favorite swimming, sunbathing and picnic spots; recommend surrounding regional highlights; facilitate restaurant choices and reservations.
Balcony Gîte Specifics
The rooms inside are open and airy with high-beamed ceilings, and French windows and doors leading out from the kitchen, living room and main bedroom directly onto the wisteria-draped riverside balcony. The kitchen and dining table area not only share that spectacularly timeless view, but are also naturally well-lit, well-equipped and easy to work in. The comfortably spacious rooms come complete with a progression of regional tile floors, thick stone walls and even an original arch remaining in the second bedroom. Overall it’s very well arranged, and big enough to live in without being too big.
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 115m2 (=1238 sq ft) total, wi-fi throughout.
- Living Room: 2 comfortable sofas and multiple arm & side chair options; tv with French channels & DVD’s.
- Dining & Kitchen Area: Pine dining table that can seat 8; clothes washing machine, dishwasher, refrigerator, stove with oven, 5 gas burners and hood with extractor fan; microwave; toaster; electric kettle; coffee press pot; electric drip coffee maker; tea pot; a good assortment of pots and pans; knives; cutting boards; scale; cooking utensils; serving & tableware.
- Main Bedroom & Bathroom: king-size bed (160cm x 190cm = 63in x 75in), walk-in shower, separate bathtub, sink/basin and WC.
- Second Bedroom & Bathroom: antique queen-size double bed with footboard (140cm x 190cm = 55in x 75in), single bed, sink/basin, walk-in shower and separate WC.
- Downstairs Riverside Garden Terrace with picnic table, lounging furniture, beach, bench, clothesline, pétanque balls and ping pong table room.
- Amenities Provided: heaters, towels, bedding, soap, toilet paper, hair dryer, hangers, ironing board, iron, fire extinguisher and smoke detector.
- No smoking or pets inside.
Our Balcony Gîte offers you both immediate easy access and ability to move around inside with all the rooms on the same ground floor of a respectfully restored medieval building. It’s centrally located just off the Place de la Halle, where the open market continues to provide for the Lagrasse community every Saturday morning – and now hopefully for you too!
To walk through the Balcony Gîte in photos, take the Gîte Tour.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Amélie.